Same woman suspected of several recent bank robberies | News
OKLAHOMA CITY — At least two banks have been hit by the same thief in Norman and Shawnee. What’s different about this suspect is that the suspect is a woman.
Rickey Rains from the FBI said she was caught on tape at two different banks.
“[She was a] black female described by witnesses as 5’9″ to 5’11.” Large build 200 to 240 pounds. Had dark sunglasses in both robberies,” Rains says.
On September 9th, Rains said the woman came in at around 3:45 pm to the Bison Federal Credit Union in Shawnee. She gave the teller a note demanding money. She then put the cash in a big white purse.
The second incident was at the Arvest Bank on Lindsey in Norman this past Friday. The suspect didn’t make off with any money this time.
She was seen getting into the passenger side of a car in Shawnee. The car is described as a light gray or silver Chrysler 300 with tinted windows.
Rains said at this point the woman doesn’t seem to be armed.
“No weapon has been seen and nobody has been injured in either of the robberies,” Rains says.
Upcoming Events near Norman
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Norman schools run last minute inspections before storm season hits.
- Local museum offers a whole week of activities for spring break
- University of Oklahoma to offer FREE course on the Chemistry of Beer
- UPDATE: Alabama mom identified, second video surfaces
- OKC Man charged with molesting a 13-year old girl