GAME DAY TRAFFIC: OU fans, use alternative routes for game day travel | News
NORMAN, Okla. – Norman Police are urging you to use alternative routes on OU Game days.
I-35 through Norman is under construction and there is no access to the highway from Main Street.
The South Canadian River Bridge on the south end is also under construction and is down to two lanes in both directions.
If you are going northbound you should use Highway 9 or Lindsey Street.
If you are going southbound you should try to use Exit 113 (Left exit onto Highway 77) and Exit 112, Tecumseh Road to avoid the construction zone.
Officials have created alternative routs for southbound traffic from those two exits to access the stadium area.
Officers will provide traffic control assistance along the route beginning three hours prior to kickoff but you are urged to arrive even earlier if possible.
Here are some other routes to keep in mind if traveling southbound:
* Western Ave./60th NW has been widened to four lanes into Norman to Tecumseh Road.
* Sunnylane Rd//Porter Ave. and Sooner Rd./12th Ave. NE also provide easy access into the Norman area.
Upcoming Events near Norman
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- UPDATE: Police arrest man who turned himself in after killing his wife
- Driver escapes without a scratch after truck vs. train collision in Norman
- Disabled athletes take to the court to raise funds for a local organization
- Major Norman roadways to open soon
- UPDATE: Popular exit back open for commute in Norman