Wheelchair basketball tourney, kids versus doctors | News
OKLAHOMA CITY — OU Medical Center hosts the 5th Annual Wheelchair Basketball Tournament, benefitting the Greater Oklahoma Disabled Sports Association on Thursday, May 16th at Oklahoma City University.
Teams of doctors will compete in ten-minute basketball games against wheelchair athletes from GODSA.
All participants will compete in wheelchairs.
The event starts at 5:30 p.m. Thursday at OCU’s Freede Wellness Center/Abe Lemons Arena at 2501 N. Blackwelder Ave.
Funds raised from the event will help GODSA athletes purchase sports equipment and travel for national basketball tournaments.
Upcoming Events near Norman
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- UPDATE: Police arrest man who turned himself in after killing his wife
- Driver escapes without a scratch after truck vs. train collision in Norman
- Disabled athletes take to the court to raise funds for a local organization
- Major Norman roadways to open soon
- UPDATE: Popular exit back open for commute in Norman