Norman offers free self defense course for women | Events
The Norman Police Department is helping to empower women to be able to protect themselves through a free workshop.
The department will present a free "My Body... My Life" program, which will educate women on violence prevention and self-defense techniques.
The program will be held Saturday, March 30 at the Norman Regional Hospital Education Facility, located at 901 N. Porter.
The class is scheduled from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
To register, call Sgt. Jennifer Newell at (405) 366-5267.
The program is available to the first 25 women, over the age of 18, on a first-come first-served basis.
Upcoming Events near Norman
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- UPDATE: Police arrest man who turned himself in after killing his wife
- Driver escapes without a scratch after truck vs. train collision in Norman
- Disabled athletes take to the court to raise funds for a local organization
- Major Norman roadways to open soon
- UPDATE: Popular exit back open for commute in Norman