Students host Memorial Marathon "tune-up" event | Events
If you are looking to get in shape for summer, a local student group is hosting a fun event that is sure to get some people motivated to stay fit.
The Health and Exercise Science Student Association will be hosting the 4th annual Sooner Spring Tune Up 5K/10K.
Runners will travel around the University of Oklahoma's campus on March 9, 2013, beginning at 8 a.m.
Early registration is $20 per person, or $25 the day of the race.
The route will begin at 1401 Asp Ave. in Norman.
Organizers say the race is designed as a "tune-up" for runners preparing for the 2013 OKC Memorial Marathon and Half-Marathon.
Proceeds from the event will fund scholarships for outstanding students in the Health and Exercise Science department.
Upcoming Events near Norman
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Norman schools run last minute inspections before storm season hits.
- Local museum offers a whole week of activities for spring break
- University of Oklahoma to offer FREE course on the Chemistry of Beer
- UPDATE: Alabama mom identified, second video surfaces
- OKC Man charged with molesting a 13-year old girl