Students host Memorial Marathon "tune-up" event | Events
If you are looking to get in shape for summer, a local student group is hosting a fun event that is sure to get some people motivated to stay fit.
The Health and Exercise Science Student Association will be hosting the 4th annual Sooner Spring Tune Up 5K/10K.
Runners will travel around the University of Oklahoma's campus on March 9, 2013, beginning at 8 a.m.
Early registration is $20 per person, or $25 the day of the race.
The route will begin at 1401 Asp Ave. in Norman.
Organizers say the race is designed as a "tune-up" for runners preparing for the 2013 OKC Memorial Marathon and Half-Marathon.
Proceeds from the event will fund scholarships for outstanding students in the Health and Exercise Science department.
Upcoming Events near Norman
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- UPDATE: Police arrest man who turned himself in after killing his wife
- Driver escapes without a scratch after truck vs. train collision in Norman
- Disabled athletes take to the court to raise funds for a local organization
- Major Norman roadways to open soon
- UPDATE: Popular exit back open for commute in Norman